Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday Monday

Monday Monday first day of the week. I slept like I was in some type of coma for most of last night but woke about 4am and was strangely disturbed about something, I'm not sure what but was just generally feeling bad. The sensation reminded me of those dark nights following a weekend session on the beer, ooh how long ago that was.

I was a bit stiff this morning but not dead on my feet or anything. Swim session at lunchtime with Philippe the Dolphin was interesting. It was my first time in a longer pool(30M) and the distance was very very different even though its only an extra 13M each lap. I was OK but a little tired after the first 8 or 10 laps. It was pretty different and I needed to adjust. It was also busy and you had to just keep swiming in your lane to keep your place in the circle. Overall the longer distance is better and I obviously just need to do more. I lost count somewhere as the whole thing was a bit disorientating to me but I swam for about 40 minutes and probably did about 1km.

I came home around 6:30 and thought I'd try and change the bike settings a bit as I'd said yesterday then do a few hill sprints. I raised the saddle another 1.5cm and moved my cleats forward and a little to the left.

I left and right away I wanted to throw the towel in just cycling to the hill and its only 4km away. However I told myself I'd do 1 climb then go home. Then once I got back down I said 2 , then I'd stop at 5 then once I'd done 6 I needed 7 to make it sound reasonable for my blog. At 8 I was almost at 10 and so kept going. I did manage to get about 80% up the hill on the last try without getting out of the saddle and without getting out of the big chainset. I'll get the whole way up without getting off the saddle if it kills me. Not a session I enjoyed and I think I may have actually cried at one point and may even have done 11 as I think I double counted 5 as I was too busy finding ways to lie to myself and added in one extra.

This is not a high point in my training, I'm just existing and torturing myself to get fitter.

5 comments:

  1. Cammy,
    Your body is telling you to rejoin the Brownie drinking club again! Stop lying to yourself and come back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh how I wanted to earlier...good to see you back on the blog :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're back as the Music link under Monday Monday are more your era big Brownie :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cammy,
    Loved the song! You know how to pull me back on the blog! I have 4 weeks until my mountain half marathon in the old eastern part of Germany and I need to follow your example.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good overall swimming session on Monday.. We probably would benefit from the extra distance of a 50 m pool though to get into the right breathing rythm. Waterloo pool is only 25m

    Philippe

    ReplyDelete

 
Locations of visitors to this page