Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Interesting race stats



Bike max speed was 60.2kmph....the above graph shows the topography of the hills.

Average cadence on bike was 86RPM

Calories consumed during whole event according to my Heart Rate monitor...8263cals.....4 days worth of normal adult intake.

Average speed on bike of 28.9kmph.....that doesn't add up as I did 90km in 3:04...must be impacted by time to wheel bike from transition zone and get started.

Average heart rate for the whole event 153.

Max heart rate for the whole event 172



Average speed on the run 10.9kmph as you can see from the above graph. It clearly shows you the stairs section that you needed to climb. It was OK first time but second time was a nightmare.



The above image shows my Heart rate over the whole race period. It also shows total energy consumption of over 8000 calories...

3 comments:

  1. Just checked my stats to compare with you
    Strange thing is cycling is only 84.49k. So it looks like I found a 5k shortcut along the way. :)
    Avg HR 175 Max 189 for the cycling
    Avg HR 169 Max 186 (last km) for the running and distance 20.98 k (another shortcut I guess)
    I need to work on getting my HR to a better level like yours for next time.
    Total cal consumption for both legs 5482

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Anonymous,
    Your average was as high as my highest reading. Your max HR should be around 180(220-age + or - 10%) so you're effectively running at 100% of max heart rate for 5 hours. This for someone of 39 is pretty unusual.

    If you're resting heart rate is 48 and your max is 230(as your stats would step up to this) then you're very different from the average man on the street. I suspect one of three things.

    1. You've sadly missed your calling as an Olympic athlete or Tour Cyclist.

    2. Equipment calibration problem.

    3. Belgian Potion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Second is most certainly the right one.
    My max HR tested by a cardiologist 4 years ago was 199 with power output of 355 watts on the treadmill. I was diagnosed with athletic heart condition which seems to be genetic as my dad suffered from the same condition when he took his life insurance test and was denied it before further testing. 48 rest HR is normal with that condition but 170 avg seems to indicate a problem with the equipment which is hardly a surprise considering the distance distortion I encountered.
    The Giant hornet

    ReplyDelete

 
Locations of visitors to this page