Monday, June 29, 2009

Brasschaat Photos

Photos of the race on Sunday......


Bike setup and not showing the nerves I'm really feeling. Check that tee shirt...

.
Mayhem at the start, I'm on the nearside and I think I can see my stroke....just to left of nearest big buoy just above the bow of the boat.



Cammy the fish...I like that position, head down and the low arm shows I'm thinking about it. Feet high up in the water so I'm not dragging and hand closed. This is a few hundred metres from the end and I was really cruising. I could have done a victory lap after the swim I was so happy.

Showing the colours....they still all spoke to me in Flemish, must be a cycling thing.


40k and not out...aber noch eine runde...nuer fuer spass....naturlich(Once more round , just for fun of course)



Looking surprisingly fresh, my ribs had chucked it in about here.




The end, face showing the strain, I'd shed 3kg during the race. Arms and legs showing signs of a long day session. Might still have to shave those legs though.


The end of a long day and all I have is a big black bag and a tough session in the training bank and a bucketful of pride....

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Running "Iron" man!
    Thats two in the bank within a month. Fantastic! Especially considering the ambient temperature and the long swim distance.
    Sub one hour for the swim is particularly impressive.
    Well done fish man.. ! Looking forward to the next event together!

    Philippe

    ReplyDelete
  2. During the run I told myself I'd never do a long distance race again...its Wednesday and I've forgotten already...It did however serve as a good warning as to how much tougher a full IM would be....not something I'd sign up for at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you. I did a quarter with Johan the other day and after all the inactivity I felt like I wasn't in shape anymore. Swim was 1.5 k so shorter than Zurich but the bad news was it ended up being a no wetsuit swim as temperature of the water was 22.4 C. We then went on to the cycling with a strong headwind for most of the course. Didn't do too bad. Managed to stay with the top guys (who were on their second lap) for a good 7k. But then fell apart on the run.. The knee just couldn't take it. I feel there is no chance I will be able to do a full next year. At this point I cannot even contemplate a 70.3..
    Philippe

    ReplyDelete

 
Locations of visitors to this page