Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday slogathon to An Sabhal aig Neill


Cold, windy and wet. I've got the Sunday papers and its nice and warm inside. Hardly an inspiring situation regarding going out for a run. Strangely I was pretty motivated about going out, I think because I enjoyed Friday evening's run so much.

My plan was 18K to see if running long two days out of 3 slows me down. The first 2-3k were tight and a bit sore. Hedgehog hill was a real grind but i was at the top in 25:02(5K) which was about a minute faster than Friday. However I was feeling the pace much more than Friday so I suspected I'd lose time on the second half.

On Saturday I'd measured the distance in the car to the point I thought was 10K and it was actually 11K so I now understood why my 10K times were so far out. I reached the 10K(actually 11K) part in 1:00:20 so just missed getting under the 1hr mark.

I'm really blowing at this point and feeling the pace much more than Friday. I try to keep my steps long and low. I remembered last year that this was one of the ways I improved my times.

I finished in 1:37:20 which shaved nearly 3 minutes off Fridays time. However I felt the diffence in my legs and was absolutely shattered at the end point. A great session that I enjoyed. The music again kept me going and i was lucky timing wise with some of the tracks. Runrig dragging me up the Hedgehog with An Sabhal aig Neill. Probably one of the best single running tracks I have in my entire collection. You can't listen to it without tapping your feet so its excellent for getting you up a hill. If you can ignore the hairs sticking out on the back of your neck.

Burns Night tomorrow and Team Kennedy manager has a couple of massive Haggis in the fridge and that rarest of things in Belgium, a real turnip. I might even have a snifter to celebrate the Bard. Click this for wee song to inspire all you out there with a revolutionary bent in these times of Bankers running the world.

1 comment:

  1. Knee feeling much better. Just been cross training at the gym in work this week. Will try a run this weekend and start to build it up again assuming it was just a glitch injury. If it returns then will have to go see about it...fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete

 
Locations of visitors to this page