Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Long Way Round

I received my 8 week warning from the Kilomathon race in England in March. I needed to get a move on given my poor training record to date. I prepared myself for a long run just to see how it felt. I headed out and took the long route with 18K on the cards. 26 minutes for 5K. Then 1hr 5 minutes for 10K which is about 20 minutes longer than my 45 minute personal best.

Clearly my fitness has dropped off significantly. I finished in 1hr 49 which is pretty slow for 18K. I managed it without stopping and I was struggling from about 12K and at 15K I was running on empty. Clearly my ability to store energy is also needing some training. Happy to have done it and no real pain or injury worries after the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Locations of visitors to this page