Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday fun run

18K after work. Sunny and not a bad evening. Legs felt pretty good but i just could not get motivated to get out and was trying my best to avoid it. Eventually with some encouragement I got geared up. First 5K were very easy and at 26 minutes OK time wise. I had a real spring in my step and didn't have that blood taste in my throat. Up the hill to 10K at 1hr and 2mins, shaving 4 minutes off last Saturday's split time at the same point. Finished in the dark in 1:40:06 so shaving 9 minutes off last Saturdays 18K so 30 seconds per km faster.

That is quite a big jump in performance in just a week and I felt fine at the finish. I still had plenty of miles in my legs and i could have no doubt injected some more pace into the run earlier. Great training run and music was inspiring again.

I'm really struggling with motivation and I was thinking on the way round what is differnt to last year. Obviously I haven't got a fixed triathlon date in my diary but I think thats too simple as I still have the Kilomathon in 7 weeks. I think its more than that in that this time last year I was reading a lot on training and specifically running and cycling. I've just been reading Biographies and Autobiographies recently so I've obviously not been too inspired fitness wise by that. I might get a couple of my training books out next and see if that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Locations of visitors to this page