Friday, January 23, 2009

Can I not pay someone else to do the training

Up at 4:45am on Thursday for flight to Munich and home around 9pm...Really hard to get up this morning and I'm glad its Friday. however the Triathlon Devil doesn't allow more than 2 days with no exercise. This means tonight I needed a session. Left work around 17:30 and just could not be less inclined to go to the gym, torrential rain, turning to sleet, dark already, bad drivers and 0 Degree Celsius. Got home , packed my swimming and gym gear. Smiling through gritted teeth.

I didn't have a plan before I left, however on journey to the gym I decide on a fast swim and and fast bike ride just to get it over with. Short speedy training does add to fitness(remember the art of lying to yourself)..... 1km swim in 22mins the pool all to myself, 10km bike ride 20 mins, can I really cycle 10 times faster than I can swim....

I was told today that the average swim time for the 2km in last years Rapperswill Triathlon was 38 minutes...a long long way for me to go then....

3 comments:

  1. Cammie, you are technically 11 times faster at biking than swimming. That is about the same ratio as my running to swimming and I am not a fast runner. Please do not strive to be average.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brownie,
    You're right think big and bold. However at 41 in the athletics arena maybe average might not be too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would of course take a finance guy to point out my arithmetic blunder...

    ReplyDelete

 
Locations of visitors to this page