Monday, September 5, 2011

I could've been a contender


So...as I've just been reminded, its been a whole year since my last posting.....

Its been a pretty lazy year for me and I've ballooned up to an epic 81kg(178.5 pounds or 12.75 stone for the non metric). A multi year high on the weight front for me and 10KG more than my previous low in 2009. My highest weight in memory is 85KG when i was in Germany on the Becks Gold diet Therefore out of neccessity in the last 2 weeks I've been back on the fitness regime.

I've bought a new spinning bike for indoor bike training and am thinking about getting serious about the training again. I've been pretty good the last 2 weeks and have cut out alcohol and rubbish foods. This has left we craving sweets and I've felt hungry for most of the two weeks. I've dropped about 1.5KG.

Exercise wise I've done 6x10K's in 10 days and 2x40 minute 20K sessions on the bike. Times for the 10K's show my real lack of fitness.




1. 10K 1:04, walked for about 500M
2. 10K 1:14, blew up on Hedgehog hill and walked a long way.
3. 10K 1:04 got round but tired.
4. 10k 0:59 OK and ran the whole way.
5: 10K 0:59 OK and ran the whole way but it was v.warm at 27C.
6. 10K 0:55 OK and felt fine the whole route and legs were fine for the first time.

I do remember being frustrated when I was much fitter at the slow rate of improvement and wishing I was unfit again so I could make big improvements in my times....well this is now reality. I'm unfit and I realise that its still hard work putting in the sessions.

No races or long term goals set, just see if I can keep it up for a while as Ive had so many false starts in the last year. Just getting my feet hardened up again....

I do have photo's saved of the size of my gut , I'll do a before and after once I've got a couple of hundred K under my belt and done my first 50K on the bike....

Well done to Chico and Stuart on claiming another Glasgow half marathon medal and tee shirt at the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Locations of visitors to this page